Public Health Statement
To protect company employees and minimize a delay in delivery of products, services, and support to its customers, TeleMate.Net Software (TeleMate) has developed a Public Health Plan addressing the threat of a pandemic from a virus such as COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
It is difficult to predict when a pandemic event may occur or how severe it will be. Therefore, TeleMate monitors the Alert Levels established by the World Health Organization and activates the plan when the Center for Disease Control (CDC), or OSHA recommends enabling policies and processes to reduce the possibility of spreading the virus among staff or clients.
Under TeleMate’s Public Health Plan:
- The company will leverage aspects of Crisis Management to manage a pandemic.
- Human Resources will be responsible for monitoring the spread and impact of disease and escalating to the Crisis Management Team (CMT).
- The CMT Leader, coordinates with Executive Management, to determine when it is appropriate to activate the Public Health Plan.
Upon activation of TeleMate’s Public Health Plan:
- The focus will be on the employees and the continuation of TeleMate’s critical business processes.
- TeleMate will notify all staff that the Public Health Plan is in effect, what actions they should take, and where to find the most current information regarding the pandemic and TeleMate’s response.
- TeleMate notifies customers and business partners if any impact on service levels occurs.
- If appropriate, TeleMate will suspend non-essential functions.
- Personnel may be re-deployed to other departments to support the demands of staffing shortages within the critical business processes.
- To mitigate the spread of disease, best practices for hygiene, etc. will be re-emphasized.
- All standard workplace policies and employee benefits will remain in effect unless modified at the time of the pandemic.
Based on public health agency recommendations, TeleMate will notify all employees of critical information related to the pandemic, including but not limited to:
- Temporary remote computing alternatives.
- To discontinue all international or domestic travel.
- Time-off and return to work guidelines.
- Social distancing.
For additional information, address inquiries to the Compliance and Risk Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.